2011年6月14日火曜日

UK AD doesn't want Mike Hamilton's job

That may be the least surprising headline of all-time. At this point -- with an NCAA hearing this weekend, followed by at least a few chaotic years rebuilding in the wake of likely NCAA sanctions -- you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that would want soon-to-be-departed Tennessee athletic director Mike Hamilton's job.

You'd be even more hard-pressed to find someone with a high-profile gig who actively wanted to plunge into the Tennessee breach. Why, again, is why it's no surprise to hear Kentucky athletic director Mitch Barnhart make absolutely clear that he has no interest in Hamilton's former gig. From the Lexington Herald-Leader:
"I don't have any interest," Barnhart said of the UT vacancy. "I've got good coaches (at Kentucky), I have a family that has settled in here, I have a son who is about to be a senior in high school.

"I said when I agreed to my last contract that (Kentucky) is where I plan to be until I decide on my next path, something that will probably be outside athletics. I've got things I still want to accomplish here and I'm excited about doing that."

You wouldn't think Barnhart would have to issue these sorts of decrees to the media. After all, his basketball team -- the pride of Kentucky's rabid statewide fan base -- is in position to compete for a national title for the third consecutive season. But Barnhart was an assistant athletic director at Tennessee from 1986 to 1998. That sort of long-term experience tends to breed rumors, or at least educated guesses, of this sort. Probably best to nip it in the bud early.

And now you know: Kentucky's athletic director will not be taking over the vacant Tennessee job. Try to contain your shock.

Source: http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/31804/uk-ad-doesnt-want-mike-hamiltons-job

David Gilliland Furniture Row Chevrolet Regan Smith Oklahoma City Thunder Travis Kvapil Old Spice Office Depot Chevrolet

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿